The mission of the Cincinnati College of Mortuary Science is an institution which endeavors to devlop professionals who can function with distinction within their chosen profession and within the community of life.
We strive to provide the best education possible for the entry-level practice of funeral service.
The College is dedicated to providing a sound education for its students to help them prepare for a successful career in service to both the community and the profession. Central to the College philosophy is the firm belief that by example and excellence in teaching, supplemented by the opportunity for extensive practical experience, it can develop professionals who will be technically competent, ethical and responsive to the needs of others. Inherent in this philosophy is the College's recognition of its obligation to the student, the profession and the community.
To implement its philosophy, CCMS strives to meet the following objectives. CCMS invites evaluation and assessment at any time. CCMS attempts:
- 1. To provide a learning environment to prepare individuals to practice the art and science of funeral service.
- 2. To provide a discipline-specific curriculum at the post-secondary level of instruction, building upon students' existing general education foundation.
- 3. To foster an environment of information literacy and life-long learning.
- 4. To provide an atmosphere that integrates professional, ethical standards.
- 5. To prepare students to serve and value a diverse community.
- 6. To ensure academic excellence through ongoing assessment.