A Message from the President
Welcome to the Cincinnati College of Mortuary Science
Thank you for your interest in CCMS. Are you considering a career in funeral service? I invite you to explore our website and compare the quality education you will receive at CCMS to other options.
What is the “CCMS Advantage”?
- We are the oldest mortuary science school in the country, established in 1882.
- Onsite lab facilities, designed exclusively for use by our students, provide unparalleled experience in embalming, restorative art, and dissection. We serve area funeral homes and partner with the area’s largest anatomical donation program, resulting in ample practical experience for our students.
- We offer two fully accredited degree programs: Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) and Bachelor of Mortuary Science (B.M.S.).
- Our regional accreditation through the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and professional accreditation through the American Board of Funeral Service Education (ABFSE) ensures a standard of excellence in curriculum and affords transfer of earned credits to any college or university within the United States, should you choose to pursue further studies.
- CCMS is a pioneer in offering our students certifications in Certified Crematory Operators (CCO) and Certified Celebrant training. Read more about certifications offered at CCMS.
- Students gain hands-on experience in merchandising and arrangements in our selection room. Our Mortuary Science Capstone course provides students with hands-on experience practicing to serve a bereaved family from the first call through final disposition. Included are embalming and cosmetics, dressing and casketing, arranging, funeral directing, and preparing the required forms and paperwork.
We invite you to visit our campus, meet our faculty and staff, and talk with our current students. Come discover for yourself the “CCMS Advantage.”
Jack E. Lechner, Jr. CFSP, Certified in Thanatology
President, Cincinnati College of Mortuary Science