Congratulations, you have been accepted! After preparing, applying, and waiting, you’ve found out that CCMS wants you to join us here in Cincinnati. Together we will take you down a path of learning and hands on experiences that will prepare you for a career in the funeral service profession like no other school can.
But before you get here, there’s still so much to do to help get you prepared for orientation and your first day of classes. The first step we recommend is getting connected. This means joining our CCMS Facebook group where you can meet incoming students, connect with current students and alumni, and get helpful tips from those who have been there.
You should also make sure to check out the different student organizations on campus and how to get involved. We also recommend connecting with CCMS faculty, staff, and everyone who will be here to help you during your time with us.
Admitted Students Checklist
To help make sure you're prepared from day one, we have prepared a helpful admitted students checklist. We encourage every new student to check out all of the valuable information and links on this page to get started. If you have any other questions about preparing for orientation or your first day of classes, please don’t hesitate to contact us. A member of our staff would be happy to assist you and make sure we set you up for success.
Prepare for Orientation and your first day at CCMS by following this simple checklist.
- Reserve your seat! Pay your confirmation fee to ensure your seat in your chosen enrollment term.
- Upon remitting your confirmation fee, you will receive the Student Enrollment Guide via email.
- Keep important dates and deadlines in mind.
- Learn more about Orientation - how to prepare and what to expect.
- Apply for the CCMS Lab Assistant position, if desired. The application is in the Student Enrollment Guide. Applications are due no later than the day of Orientation.
- Consider employment/housing at a Cincinnati-area funeral home.
- Find apartments and other types of housing.
- Still have questions? You're not alone. Check out our FAQs.