Welcome, and thank you for your interest in Cincinnati College of Mortuary Science. The job of a funeral director is one of the most rewarding professions and we are proud to first in funeral service education. We have a long history of providing quality education as a leading mortuary science program provider since 1882.
Our mortuary school offers a rigorous curriculum which goes above and beyond the standards needed for accreditation for becoming a funeral director, preparing our students to become some of the best funeral directors in the nation. Our students have access to many learning opportunities that are unique to our mortuary science program including our on-site embalming lab, celebrant training, and certified crematory operator training.
Ready to start your funeral services career?
Want to learn more about the CCMS Mortuary Science Program?
- We are the oldest mortuary science program in America
- Our dedicated staff bring real-world experience to their programs – they are licenced funeral directors, certified funeral celebrants, business owners and more!
- Students gain hands-on experience through co-op placements and access to real-world funeral service equipment
- Our state-of-the-art on-site labs offer unparalleled embalming, anatomy and restorative art experience
- Our students have an 80% pass rate on the National Board Exams
- CCMS is regionally and professional accredited as a mortuary school
- 94% of our students are offered employment after graduation
- Students have work opportunities at partner funeral homes or at CCMS while completing studies
- Specialized on-site research library focused on mortuary science
As a small school focused only on our mortuary science program, we are experts in funeral service education. At CCMS, you will never be ‘just a number’ – our staff are dedicated to seeing each of our students succeed in becoming a funeral director.
We are here to assist you through the entire admissions process. Our website provides a wealth of resources including admission requirements, testimonials from current and past students, tuition and scholarship information. Our admissions team is also available to answer questions about our mortuary school or provide assistance at email@example.com or 513-618-1926.