Welcome, and thank you for your interest in Cincinnati College of Mortuary Science. The job of a funeral director is one of the most rewarding professions and we are proud to be transforming funeral service education. We have a long history of providing quality education as a leading mortuary science program provider since 1882.
Our mortuary school offers a rigorous curriculum which goes above and beyond accreditation standards, preparing our students to become some of the best funeral directors in the nation. Our students have access to many learning opportunities that are unique to our mortuary science program including our on-site embalming lab, celebrant training, certified crematory operator training, and disaster management certification.
Ready to start your funeral service career?
What makes CCMS unique?
- We are the oldest mortuary science program in the United States.
- Compare us to other programs
- Our state-of-the-art, on-site labs offer unparalleled embalming, anatomy and restorative art experience.
- Our dedicated faculty and staff bring real-world experience to the classroom – they are licensed funeral directors, certified funeral celebrants, business owners and more!
- Students gain hands-on experience through Co-op placements and access to real-world funeral service equipment
- Our students have a high pass rate on the National Board Exam and the vast majority of our students are offered employment after graduation.
- CCMS is regionally and professionally accredited as a mortuary school
- Students have work opportunities at area funeral homes or at CCMS while completing studies
- Specialized on-site research and circulation library focused on mortuary science
As a small school focused only on mortuary science, we are experts in funeral service education. At CCMS, you will never be ‘just a number’ – our faculty and staff are dedicated to seeing each of our students succeed.
We are here to assist you through the entire admissions process. Our website provides a wealth of resources including prerequisites, tuition information, scholarship information and admitted students portal.