Welcome, and thank you for your interest in Cincinnati College of Mortuary Science. The job of a funeral director is one of the most rewarding professions and we are proud to be transforming funeral service education. We have a long history of providing quality education as a leading mortuary science program provider since 1882.
Our mortuary school offers a rigorous curriculum which goes above and beyond accreditation standards, preparing our students to become some of the best funeral directors in the nation. Our students have access to many learning opportunities that are unique to our mortuary science program including our on-site embalming lab, funeral celebrant certification, and crematory operator certification.
Ready to start your funeral service career?
What makes CCMS unique?
- We are the oldest mortuary science program in the United States.
- Our modern on-site labs offer unparalleled embalming, anatomy and restorative art experience.
- Our dedicated faculty and staff bring an incredible array of experience to the classroom as licensed funeral directors, certified funeral celebrants, thanatology experts and more!
- Students gain real-world experience in area funeral homes through Co-op placement
- CCMS is regionally and professionally accredited - credits are transferrable nationwide!
- Specialized on-site research and circulation library focused on mortuary science.
- Compare us to other programs
As a small school focused only on mortuary science, we are experts in funeral service education. At CCMS, you will never be ‘just a number’ – our faculty and staff know every student by name and are dedicated to seeing the success of every student.
We are here to assist you through the entire admission process. Our website provides a wealth of resources including prerequisites, tuition information, scholarship information and an admitted students portal.