Lab Assistant Position
Applicants must be accepted students. This is a paid position in which students assist the Lab Director and Clinical Instructors with the daily operations of the Lab. Lab Assistants are compensated by hourly wages (approximately 20 hours per week) and through a waiver of their clinical lab fee during each semester of employment. Previous experience with embalming is NOT required.
Accepted students are eligible to apply for the Lab Assistant position.
Lab Assistants are compensated by hourly wages and through a waiver of their clinical lab fee each semester.
Requirements for Consideration
- Submit completed, legible application no later than the day of orientation
- Include the following required documentation:
- List of personal references
- Written or typed statement as to why you may best qualify for the position
- Have previously earned a minimum GPA of 2.5 and maintain a 2.5 GPA each term while employed at CCMS
- Have met all entrance requirements and be an accepted student in the CCMS academic program
- Applicants need not have previous experience in embalming applications. However, time management and organizational skills are vital for success in this position.
How to Apply
The application is included in the packet you will receive upon your acceptance to CCMS. Submit the completed application and all required documentation (as listed on the application). Applications may be submitted via mail, email, fax, or in-person.
The completed application and all required documentation (as listed on the application) must be submitted no later than the day of orientation.
The Clinical Lab Director will select applicants for interviews. A selection decision is usually made by the end of the first week of classes.
Equal opportunity for employment and/or promotion is open to any person who possesses the requisite qualifications for the open position. CCMS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, ancestry, national origin, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other class protected by law with regard to employment, job assignment, promotion, or other terms or conditions of employment.