ICCFA Crematory Operator Certification Program
Provider: ICCFA - Poul Lemasters, Larry Stuart Jr.
Location: Cincinnati College of Mortuary Science
Type: Crematory Operator Certification, continuing education, seated, students/professionals
CE Topic Area: OH Cremation Law (2 hours)
CE Course Credit: 7
8:00 - 8:30 Registration
8:30 - 12:15 Instruction
12:15 - 1:15 Lunch provided
1:15 - 5:00 Instruction
- Crematory Operators must hold a valid permit issued by the State of Ohio Board of Embalmers and Funeral Directors in accordance with Ohio Administrative Code 4717.
- Join us for this Ohio-approved Crematory Operator Certification course that includes the mandatory Ohio 2-hour Cremation Law as required to apply for a permit. Registrants who complete this course will received the two certifications required to apply for an Ohio Crematory Operator Permit (or "CROP").
- Click to view Instructions and Application for a CROP permit on the OBEFD website.
- Overview of what you need to apply for a permit:
- Log in/or register with e-license. You will need to upload a Crematory Operator Course Certification (awarded for this course), 2-hr Ohio Cremation Law Certification (awarded for this course), obtain an FBI/BCI background check (see locations on Ohio Board website), and pay the permit fee (expires biannually, renews every even year).