How to Apply for Financial Aid
There is a large number of students in need of help with college tuition. While there are many different sources of college financial aid, there is one main application that is used to apply for most funding – the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
- Make sure you sign up for a FSA User ID before you begin. Here are sign-up instructions.
- Complete the FAFSA to apply for state and federal aid programs.
- Be sure to list the CCMS school code on your FAFSA: 010906
- You must file a FAFSA each year to be considered for college financial aid.
- Watch a video on the FAFSA process.
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to transfer your tax information to your FAFSA. If you didn’t use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool initially, you can go back and make the corrections.
Once your application has been received, the Office of Student Financial Aid may ask you to submit additional documents if you’re selected for verification information. Check your CCMS email account often, and make sure to submit any additional documents as quickly as possible.