Funeral Director Certificate
CCMS offers a certificate program option for individuals who seek formal education as a funeral director (only) or other death care related professions without any need for college prerequisites.
The Funeral Director Certificate program is an online program that awards hours and brings formal education to qualified individuals pursuing a career as a licensed funeral director (not embalmer), funeral assistant, pre-need counselors, insurance professionals, cemetery personnel, or anyone else in the death care profession who want to receive comprehensive knowledge in funeral service arts to better serve the public.
This program prepares a student with the necessary knowledge to pass the National Board Examination arts section.
Certificate program at-a-glance:
- Hours Earned: 30 certificate hours (no academic credits are earned)
- Delivery: Online, distance-learning, Monday-Friday
- Length: 7 months, 2 semesters (each 14 weeks in length)
- Prerequisite: High school diploma or GED
Certificate Program Courses:
- HISTORY OF DEATH CARE AND FUNERAL RITUALS 3 hours
- DESAIROLOGY, COLOR THEORY, AND COSMETOLOGY 1 hour
- FUNERAL SERVICE ORGANIZATION AND MANAGEMENT 2 hours
- FUNERAL SERVICE ACCOUNTING AND FINANCIAL PRINCIPLES 3 hours
- POST-MORTEM SCIENCE 4 hours
- FUNERAL SERVICE MEMORIALIZATION AND REMEMBRANCE (Merchandising) 2 hours
- MORTUARY JURISPRUDENCE 3 hours
- THANATOLOGICAL ASPECTS OF HUMAN LOSS 3 hours
- GOVERNMENT IN FUNERAL SERVICE 2 hours
- CEMETERY AND CREMATION FUNDAMENTALS 2 hours
- 21st CENTURY FUNERAL SERVICE – HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT 2 hour
- COMMUNICATING THE VALUE, PURPOSE AND BENEFIT OF FUNERAL RITES, RITUALS AND CEREMONIES (BEFORE A DEATH HAS OCCURRED) 2 hours
- FUNERAL SERVICE PHILOSOPHY AND ETHICS 1 hour
Complete the 4-question Readiness Check before you apply with no obligation
The FDC program is a certificate only program and does not earn academic credit toward a degree. It is not accredited by The American Board of Funeral Service Education and does not qualify an individual to sit for any national or state board examination that requires completion of an ABFSE accredited program.