In case of a closing or delay due to inclement weather or other factors, students will be notified by the following means:
- Email: an email will be sent to your CCMS email account
- Website: an alert will be put on the CCMS homepage (on the purple slider)
- Media:a notice will be sent to the local media (WLWT, WCPO, WKRC, FOX 19)
- Facebook: the alert will be posted on the CCMS Facebook page
- Text message: a text message will be sent to your cell phone (for those students who have opted-in – see instructions below)
Opting in for text alerts (via Populi)
- Sign in to your Populi account.
- In the top right corner of the screen, just to the right of your name, click on the white arrow.
- Choose “Settings.”
- Click on the Notifications tab.
- In the “SMS notification number” area, choose your cell phone provider, then enter your phone number (with area code). Next, click the “send verification code” button..
- A text message with a code will be sent to the number you just entered. Enter the code in the “submit verification code” field. Then click the “submit verification code” button.
That’s it! You will now be alerted via text message.
Evacuation routes are posted on campus. In the event of a building evacuation, students are required to exit the building and meet at the designated meeting location. The designated meeting location is the Southeast corner of the CCMS parking lot (behind the dumpsters). Students may only leave campus once they have met at the designated meeting location and have been accounted for.
Reporting an Incident
In the event that a student witnesses or is a victim of any crime, violence, sexual assault, building entry, damage to the building, vandalism, or other criminal activity, the student should:
- Retreat to safety
- Seek medical attention if needed
- Inform law enforcement of the incident (CCMS strongly suggests that a victim of sexual assault report the incident in a timely manner. Time is a critical factor for evidence collection and preservation).
- Complete an Incident Report and submit it to the Safety Officer, Title IX Coordinator, or President
Springfield Township Police: 513-729-1300
Hamilton County Sheriff: 513-946-6400, 513-851-6000
Ohio State Patrol Post #9: 513-489-8954
CCMS office: 513-761-2020