Healthy Together Pledge
revised January 2022
In these challenging times, we are collectively responsible to preserve and promote the wellness of our CCMS community. We will remain vigilant as we likely see continued spread of the COVID-19 virus. As a valued member of the CCMS community we need your commitment and participation in the CCMS Healthy Together Pledge. The Pledge is a required condition of participation in face-to-face instruction and attendance at any CCMS campus-based activities.
- YOU PLEDGE to engage in safe practices both on and off campus and adhere to all recommended and reasonable precautions and campus protocols to reduce risk of exposure.
- YOU PLEDGE to stay informed of CCMS COVID-related communications and resources to promote and ensure compliance with changing campus guidelines and expectations.
- YOU PLEDGE to participate in the daily rotation schedule for communal sanitization of campus surfaces and to clean up after myself in common areas and classrooms.
- YOU PLEDGE to self-quarantine immediately upon known or suspected exposure or if experiencing common symptoms.
- YOU PLEDGE to report any known or suspected exposure to COVID@ccms.edu, complete the required Reporting Form and protocols, and communicate testing status updates with CCMS Leadership.
- YOU PLEDGE to stay on task academically via Zoom remote attendance, should circumstances mandate.
- Physical distancing (6-10 ft apart) and wearing a face covering
- Frequent and thorough handwashing every two hours and after touching communal items
- Limit social gathering
- Shortness of Breath
- Difficulty Breathing
- Fever (100.4 and higher)
- Body Aches
- Sore Throat
- Loss of Taste and/or Smell
- Extreme Fatigue
DEFINING CLOSE CONTACT, QUARANTINE, ISOLATION
Communing with others increases the risk of exposure. Exercising precaution at all times, both on and off campus, is imperative as some carriers display little or no symptoms.
- You were within 6 feet of someone who has COVID-19 for a total of 15 minutes or more unmasked.
- You provided care at home to someone who is sick with COVID-19.
- You had direct physical contact (hugged or kissed them), shared eating/drinking utensils, or an infected individual sneezed, coughed, or somehow got respiratory droplets on you.
Keeping physical distance from others from those who might have been directly exposed to an individual who has the virus.
Keeping a COVID-19 infected individual away from all others, even in their home. People who are in isolation should:
- Stay home until it’s safe for them to be around others.
- Stay in a specific “sick room” or area and use a separate bathroom (if available).
The information you provide helps us maintain a healthy campus community. When we are not made aware of exposure, symptoms, or test results, the campus community is put at risk and our ability to comply with federal and state reporting requirements is compromised. Please keep CCMS Leadership and Faculty advised of any and all information at COVID@ccms.edu .
KNOWN OR SUSPECTED EXPOSURE --SYMPTOMATIC (QUARANTINE REQUIRED)
If you experience cold/flu-like symptoms, have had a known or suspected exposure, or have a COVID-19 positive household member, immediately SELF-QUARANTINE and contact COVID@ccms.edu to advise and receive further instruction and return date. All instructors are notified when you communicate to COVID@ccms.edu. Further guidance will be provided on the Exposure Reporting Form.
KNOWN OR SUSPECTED EXPOSURE—ASYMPTOMATIC (QUARANTINE POSSIBLE)
If you have known or suspected exposure, or have a COVID-19 positive household member, immediately contact COVID@ccms.edu to advise and receive further instruction. If you are vaccinated, you can return to campus while wearing a mask. If you are unvaccinated, you are required to SELF-QUARANTINE. Further guidance will be provided on the Exposure Reporting Form.
POSTIVE TEST RESULT (ISOLATION REQUIRED)
If you are confirmed COVID-19 positive, immediately ISOLATE from others and contact COVID@ccms.edu to advise and receive further instruction and a return to date. All instructors are notified when you communicate to COVID@ccms.edu. Further guidance will be provided on the Exposure Reporting Form.
CCMS has worked diligently to establish a remote learning option to accommodate the needs of students who are quarantined or isolated to ensure continued academic participation. It is your responsibility to attend scheduled classes remotely using Zoom course links provided in Populi course dashboards using the following important guidelines: Non-participation in a remote class due to extreme illness requires you email your instructor prior to the scheduled class start time. Please adhere to the following attendance expectations:
Quarantined and isolated students are expected to attend each scheduled class session remotely, unless too ill to participate, using the provided Zoom link in your Populi course dashboards.
If too ill and unable to participate in a scheduled class remotely, you are required to email each course instructor prior to the scheduled class time to receive an excused absence.
To receive an excused absence for a missed class, you are required to email each instructor prior to the scheduled class start time to advise. Failure to email prior to start time will result in an unexcused absence.
All COVID related inquiries, reporting, and follow up should be directed to COVID@ccms.edu. Communications to/from this email notifies all relevant administrators and all instructors.